In school we pray in lots of different ways:
- Every week, at lunchtime, children from all year groups gather together at special prayer groups.
- There are regular circle times and prayer services in classrooms.
- All classrooms have prayer areas that include liturgical images, artefacts and prayers.
- Children's own prayers are offered at Mass.
- Time and opportunities are given for personal prayer time (especially during Advent and Lent).
- Children use our special prayer area for quiet reflective time to pray.
- Lunchtime prayer groups are held for children (including Rosary groups during May and October).
- All assemblies and gatherings in school have a religious and prayer focus for the whole community.
We also work hard to include families in the prayer life of our school. We do this by:
- Encouraging parents and families to attend assemblies, prayer services and collective worship.
- Holding special prayer services every term for parents to attend and join in with.
- Sending prayer bags home containing liturgical materials for families to share prayer time together.
- Prayer books have been sent home to every family so that families can learn and use common prayers at home.
Father in heaven, you love me. You're with me night and day. I want to love you always, in all I do and say. I'll try to please you Father, bless me through the day. Amen.
Grace Before Meals
Bless us O God as we sit together, Bless the food we eat today, Bless the hands that make the food, Bless us O God. Amen.
Grace After Meals
Thank you God for the food we have eaten, Thank you God for all our friends, Thank you God for everything, Thank you God. Amen.
God our Father, I come to say, thank you for your love today. Thank you for my family, and all the friends you give to me. Guard me in the dark of night and in the morning send your light. Amen.
All Prayer Booklets are in pdf format.